Information we collect
I.M collects and processes information from you when you choose to share it with us through or in connection with, but not limited to, our websites, events, conferences, client engagements, survey and assessment tools, workplace accreditations, and business development activities. For example, when you share your personal information with us to submit an inquiry through our websites, sign-up for our e-mails or newsletters, register for an event or conference, receive information about our events, products and services, and/or contact you regarding a potential or actual future, existing or current project or engagement. The information we collect may include name, address, postcode, city, age, gender, contact number, e-mail address, company name, job function, company industry, company size, nature of your inquiry, the types of information you want to receive, information regarding the device you are using, your interest, business name, job title, event information, dietary restrictions and meal preferences, and if you make a purchase, credit/debit card number or other financial information.
You can set your Internet browser or operating system settings to stop accepting new cookies, to receive notice when you receive a new cookie, to disable existing cookies, to omit images (which will disable pixel tags) or adjust your tracking preferences. Note that the opt-out will apply only to the browser that you are using when you elect to opt out of advertising cookies. Without cookies or pixel tags though, you may not be able to take full advantage of our sites’ features.
Our website may host various blogs, forums, wikis, and other social media applications or services that allow you to share content with other users (collectively “Social Media Applications”). Any personal information or other information that you contribute to any Social Media Application can be read, collected, and used by other users of that Social Media Application over whom we have little or no control. Therefore, we are not responsible for any other user’s use, misuse, or misappropriation of any personal information or other information that you contribute to any Social Media Application.
I.M does not collect and does not plan to collect characteristics of protected classifications under applicable laws; and sensitive personal information other than account logins and encrypted passwords. Although neither required nor recommended, it is your choice to provide any of the foregoing information in connection with the Service and to make that information public.
At I.M, we do not save any data regarding credit card transactions made on our App or Website. This information is securely transmitted for processing by I.M’s third-party payment processor.
Purposes of Processing Your Personal Information And Potential Uses
I.M processes your information for the following purposes or may use you information in the following ways:
● Respond to your inquiries or requests via the contact information you provide, including but not limited, e-mail;
● Sign you up for, and provide you with, our newsletters and informative e-mail messages, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within I.M;
● Register you for our events and conferences, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within I.M;
● Promote our events and conferences, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within I.M;
● Provide you with information regarding our events, conferences, products and services, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within I.M;
● Communicate and/or coordinate with you regarding potential or actual future, current or past projects and engagements;
● Facilitate the purchase of our modules, products, services or other offerings, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within I.M;
● Develop new products and services;
● Address problems and review the usage and operations of our websites or business, and improve our content, products, and services;
● Manage our telecommunications networks, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within I.M;
● Protect the security or integrity of our sites and our business, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within I.M;
● Facilitate or consider the sale of I.M or one of our licensed affiliates to another company;
● Investigate or prevent an actual or suspected crime or injury to ourselves or others; and
● Respond to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or as otherwise required by law.
Where do we keep your data at I.M
We store all information you provide to us on our secure servers. Where I.M has given you (or where you have chosen) a password to access certain parts of our app or site, we ask you not to share a password with anyone. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
International Data Transfers
I.M is a global business. To offer our services, we may need to transfer your personal information among several countries. We comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate safeguards for the transfer of personal information to countries outside of the European Union (“EU”).
How do we process your information?
As a data processor, I.M will disclose personal information only as authorized by the relevant data controller. We may use a limited number of third-party service providers to assist us in providing our services or in meeting internal business operation needs. These third parties will access information only to perform tasks on our behalf.
I.M is accountable for the onward transfer of data to third party service providers or agents who assist us in providing services. I.M maintains contracts with these third parties in compliance with our Privacy obligations and other obligations and accepts liability if those parties fail to meet these obligations and we are responsible for the event giving rise to the damages.
We use your data and information in the following ways:
● To ensure that the content from the I.M website is presented most effectively for you and your computer/ mobile device.
● To provide you with products, information, or services requested from us or which may interest you.
● To carry out our responsibilities arising from any agreements entered into between us.
● To allow you to partake in interactive features of our services- when you choose to do so.
● To notify you about any changes to our services.
● Personal Information may also be disclosed as part of a corporate transaction such as a sale, divestiture, reorganization, merger or acquisition.
● Disclosures of personal information, in our good faith, may also be required to law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies, professional bodies or to other third parties, in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests and professional standards. I.M will notify the applicable data controller of any such request unless prohibited by law.
I.M is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Should you believe that your rights have been infringed, you have the possibility, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Panel.
Who do we share your information with?
I.M does not share your information with any third parties other than those who are sub-processing our information or require your details to fulfill your ticket purchase under contractual agreement. All third-party sub-processors are checked and vetted before any data is sent to them. The third-party apps only store your information for as long as it takes to be processed by them, and they do not share this data with any other party at any given time.
For how long do we keep your personal data?
Unless we require a longer retention period or permitted by law, I.M will store your data for as long as you are associated with I.M, or until you request it to be deleted.
Even if I.M deletes your personal data, it may persist on the backup or archival media for tax, legal, or other regulatory purposes. Please contact us at email@example.com if you no longer wish to hear from us.
Subject to your applicable data protection laws, you may be entitled to any of the following rights:
● Confirmation as to whether or not or which of your personal information is being processed by I.M and
● If we are processing your personal information:
a. Purposes of the processing;
b. Categories of data concerned;
c. Recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal information is disclosed, including the identity of any service providers we use to process your personal information on our behalf;
d. Copy of the personal information being processed and of any available information as to the source of the information, except where prohibited by law.
● You have the right to request your information from I.M at any time and restrict or rectify it by contacting us.
● You have Right to access, update, edit and delete Your information
You have the right to obtain this information from us at reasonable intervals and without excessive delay, unless we are prohibited by law from sharing such information or where it is necessary to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
I.M takes reasonable care to ensure that your personal information is accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date. If it is determined that your personal information is inaccurate or out of date, we take every reasonable step to correct it.
It may be necessary to contact you in some cases if you have withdrawn your consent in the following scenarios:
● For legal reasons.
● You have a contractual obligation with I.M.
● You have an outstanding balance with I.M.
● I.M needs to contact you to deliver a service you have paid for.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as provided below.
I.M employs commercially reasonable technical, physical, administrative and organizational safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personal information, including measures aimed at protecting personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
In addition, we contractually require all service providers that process your personal information on our behalf to implement and maintain commercially reasonable technical, physical, administrative and organizational safeguards designed to protect your personal information.
I.M tries to make sure that any links on our websites send you to a helpful and reliable place on the Internet, but we are not responsible for the content of these other websites or their privacy practices. We may also have “plugins” to third-party sites or offer login to social media or our licensed affiliates through a third-party account. Third-party plugins and login features, including their loading, operation and use, are governed by the privacy notice and terms of the third-party providing them.
I.M may collect data about your computer, including your available IP address, browser type, and operating system for system administration and to report aggregate data and information to our advertisers. It is statistical data about our users’ browsing patterns and actions, and does not identify any individual.
We may obtain data about your general internet usage for the same reason, by using a cookie file stored on your computer’s hard drive. The cookies contain data. They help us to improve our site. This data will be transferred to your computer’s hard drive to deliver a more personalized and better service. They enable us to:
● Estimate our audience size.
● Estimate our audience’s usage pattern.
● Speed up your searches.
● Store information about your preferences.
● Allow us to customize our site according to your interests.
● Recognize you when you return to our site.
IMGlobal Media Private Limited®